Followers

Friday, February 24, 2012

Glitter 'em


This is the shoes project that I had been waiting to do forever and I was too busy to do it.I have had this pair for ages now and I swear I had forgotten they even existed in my shoe rack.Anyway,I read somewhere yesterday that if you haven't worn something for more than two years then it is high time that thing be thrown away.I agreed,unless it is something too precious.I thought of this pair this morning and thought what more could I do with them?


Glitter 'em!!! Yes,as crazy as I thought of the idea first, the more exciting the challenge became.Firstly,because this was the first time I was working on pumps and I did not really think that I had all the stuffs that I would need for the project.The challenge was to give it a fresh look.After a little of looking here and there,I figured I did have all the things that I needed and even if it did not turn out well,I was eventually going to throw it away.

So,here I am going to share what I did and how.

1.Find an old pair that you do not mind throwing away even if it gets ruined.



2. Get the things you need like brush,glue,tape, scrub sponge (use a new one of course! :-) and yes the glitters too.

3. Tape the shoes in the areas that you would not want to work one.

4. Scrub the area you want to glitter.

5. Apply the glue on the areas you want to glitter with the help of the brush.Here the taped area stays protected.





6.Add glitter to the glued area and it will stick on it automatically.I just sprinkled the glitter on the glue.Let it dry for some time.

7.Take the tape off.




 
TADA!! 








Once I get tired of this, I will try and glitter them completely.I personally think that it will look much better if I glitter them completely but then I still have time to get tired of these first !


This post was inspired by a pair and a spare post.


Happy DIYing!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Lhemi... loving your blog as it is very fun going over your accounts :D!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Tsering! thanks so much for liking it.It's an inspiration when readers like it.It inspires me to come up with more.Unfortunately senior year is almost killing me atm.I hope I will be able to come up with more.

Kafka said...

Pretty!

Tisha said...

Love ur blog...Followed =)

shineevangelina.blogspot.com

Tisha said...

Well I tried following you but I cant find the Join this site tab

Unknown said...

Thank u guys!

Post a Comment