Followers

Monday, May 28, 2012

Sequin Vest

   
     Its too early in the morning.I started the project at midnight and its just past 1 a.m.Well,I found this denim in our closet and since my sister wasn't doing much with it,I decided to DIY it.

      My little sister is also a self-taught seamtress.We share only a few interests(hehe..only a few) and I am so glad that they are to do with the things we love doing the most-clothes,designing and sewing.When I say designing,it's just little alterations here and there in our clothes,with the jewellery and small things like that.

     Anyway,going back to my project-my sister had this nice sequin fabric from a dress that she made last year.Since it was so obvious that she was not going to put it again,I thought why put it to waste,when I could see all kinds of possibilities with it :-)

    So after her permission was granted :-) ,I started the project and this is how it went.

get any kind of vest you want to start with

trace the sequin fabric out , cut it and sew them on the vest with a matching thread color -that way the sewing will not show too
you will also need to cut it here and there to make sure the lines are straight

just a side view 

Tada! We now have a sequin vest in our closet :-)
My sister is pretty pleased because this has somehow
managed to console her ached heart over the loss of her
sequin jacket...hahha




No comments:

Post a Comment