Followers

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tassel Earrings




        Tassels normally remind me of graduation.However,there are so many other ways to get creative with them.While I was lazily cruising through the mall one of the days last week,I saw many of the tassel earrings in almost every store that I stepped into.

        Anyway,making tassel earrings is very easy.I did not have tassels,so I had to make my own.This was my first attempt with earrings.I used one of my old yarns to make the tassel.I have also found many tutorials online that show how to make them.Here's how I did mine.


Things needed:
1.tassels(if possible),if not make your own
2.embroidery threads or thin+smooth yarns
3.a pair of scissors
4.a pair of stud earrings 

Step 1. Measure the length you want your tassels to be.

It will be so much easier if you can get tassels from the market.However,you can choose to make your own too.It is not a difficult task,but be sure to use thin and heavy kind of threads or yarn.One of the best options will be to use embroidery thread.I will soon have more posts with different colored tassel earrings made out of those threads.

Step 2.Create a neck for the tassels and insert your choice of stud earrings.

Step 3.You can play along with the length and the thickness of the tassels.But I think too thick would not look good.



                     Here's a link  to one of the many DIY blogs that have been posted on "tassel earrings".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is very cool Lhemi... :)

Unknown said...

Thank You Tsering:-)

Post a Comment